With 100 days to go until the Grande Partenza of the Giro d'Italia, the race's host cities celebrate their link with the Corsa Rosa by lighting their landmarks in the race's signature pink colour.
As the countdown to the Grande Partenza hits 100 days to go, the race’s stage cities light up their landmarks in pink to celebrate the Corsa Rosa.
The Giro d’Italia, organized by RCS Sport, will start from the Costa dei Trabocchi on 6 May to finish in Rome on 28 May. In the Italian capital, the pink illumination of the Trevi Fountain was also realised thanks to the contribution of Enel, sponsor of the Maglia Rosa. The Abruzzo Region will host the Grande Partenza of the Giro d’Italia for the second time in history, 22 years after the first time.
Here are the monuments that have been lit up in pink to celebrate the Giro, stage by stage:
- Stage 1 – 06/05/2023 – Fossacesia Marina – Ortona – Costa dei Trabocchi ITT: the Trabocchi in Fossacesia Marina and the Aragon Castle in Ortona.
- Stage 2 – 07/05/2023 – Teramo – San Salvo: the Della Monica Castle in Teramo and L’Aquilone in San Salvo.
- Stage 3 – 08/05/2023 – Vasto – Melfi: the Monumento alla Bagnante in Vasto and Porta Venosina in Melfi.
- Stage 4 – 09/05/2023 – Venosa – Lago Laceno: Piazza Umberto I in Venosa and the town hall of Bagnoli Irpino.
- Stage 5 – 10/05/2023 – Atripalda – Salerno: the Domus di Abellinum in Atripalda and the town hall of Salerno.
- Stage 6 – 11/05/2023 – Napoli – Napoli: the Basilica of San Francesco di Paola in Piazza Plebiscito in Naples.
- Stage 7 – 12/05/2023 – Capua – Gran Sasso d’Italia (Campo Imperatore): Porta Napoli in Capua and the 16 Century Castle in L’Aquila.
- Stage 8 – 13/05/2023 – Terni – Fossombrone: the Marmore Falls in Terni and the Ponte della Concordia in Fossombrone.
- Stage 9 – 14/05/2023 – Savignano sul Rubicone – Cesena (Technogym Village) ITT: the Roman Bridge in Savignano sul Rubicone and Piazza del Popolo in Cesena.
- Stage 10 – 16/05/2023 – Scandiano – Viareggio: Rocca del Boiardo in Scandiano and the Molo della Madonnina of Viareggio.
- Stage 11 – 17/05/2023 – Camaiore – Tortona: the Civic Tower in Piazza San Bernardino in Camaiore and the Castle Tower in Tortona.
- Stage 12 – 18/05/2023 – Bra – Rivoli: the Zizzola in Bra and the Castle of Rivoli.
- Stage 13 – 19/05/2023 – Borgofranco d’Ivrea – Crans Montana: the Ricetto Bell Tower in Borgofranco d’Ivrea and the illuminated letters on the banks of Lake Grenon in Crans Montana.
- Stage 14 – 20/05/2023 – Sierre – Cassano Magnago: the Hotel de Ville in Sierre and San Maurizio’s bell tower in Cassano Magnago.
- Stage 15 – 21/05/2023 – Seregno – Bergamo: Piazza Concordia in Seregno and Porta San Giacomo in Bergamo.
- Stage 16 – 23/05/2023 – Sabbio Chiese – Monte Bondone: the Madonna della Rocca Santuary in Sabbio Chiese and the MUSE, the Science Museum, in Trento.
- Stage 17 – 24/05/2023 – Pergine Valsugana – Caorle: the Plane Tree in Viale Dante in Pergine Valsugana and the Madonna dell’Angelo Sanctuary in Caorle.
- Stage 18 – 25/05/2023 – Oderzo – Val di Zoldo: Palazzo Foscolo in Oderzo and the Mas de Sabe in Val di Zoldo.
- Stage 19 – 26/05/2023 – Longarone – Tre Cime di Lavaredo: the town hall of Longarone and the Tre Cime di Lavaredo.
- Stage 20 – 27/05/2023 – Tarvisio – Monte Lussari ITT: Borgo Lussari.
- Stage 21 – 28/05/2023 – Roma – Roma: the Trevi Fountain in Rome.