The first-ever Giro d’Italia Criterium will take place in Dubai at the Expo 2020 Dubai – the first World Expo to be hosted in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) region in conjunction with MadeinItaly.gov.it, Dubai Sports Council and Expo 2020.
The 30 lap short-format race will take place on 6 November on a 2.1km circuit starting at 3pm UAE time inside the sustainability district where the Italian Pavilion is located.
Among the high-profile riders already confirmed on the entry list are 2021 Giro d’Italia winner and 2019 Tour de France yellow jersey Egan Bernal (INEOS Grenadiers), three-time UCI Road Race World Champion Peter Sagan (BORA hansgrohe), winner of the Maglia Ciclamino (Points Classifications) of the last edition of the Corsa Rosa, nine-time Grand Tour stage winner Elia Viviani (Cofidis), 2021 Giro d’Italia winner of the KOM Classification, Geoffrey Bouchard and the two-time UCI ITT World Champion Filippo Ganna (INEOS Grenadiers), winner of six stages of the Giro d’Italia.
For tickets to Expo click here and visit the official Expo 2020 Dubai website.
In the picture under here, from left to right:
• Michele Napoli, CEO RCS Sports and Events DMCC
• Juma bin Suwaidan, Director-general of the traffic department at Dubai Police
• Suhail Al Areefi, Executive Director Events Sector Abu Dhabi Sport Council
• Mansoor Buosaiba, President of UAE Cycling Federation
• Ahmed AlKhatib, Chief Development and Delivery Officer – Expo 2020 Dubai
• H.E Osama Al Shafar, UAE Member of the Federal Council, UCI Vice-President and President of the Asian Cycling Confederation
• H.E Saeed Hareb, Secretary General Dubai Sports Council
• Paolo Glisenti, General Commissioner of the Italian Pavilion
• Fabrizio d’Amico, Chief Operating Officer RCS Sports and Events DMCC
• H.E Nasser Aman Al Rahma, Assistance Secretary General Dubai Sports Council
• Marcello Fondi, Deputy Commissioner Italian Pavilion