For the second year we asked you to help us crown the most important moments and riders of the Giro d’Italia. We asked you all to participate together in electing the Oscars of the Corsa Rosa.
And just like last year, you responded in huge numbers: over ten thousand votes for each of the 12 categories in the competition, in what was truly a great example of collective storytelling.
Because the Giro is an adventure started in 1909 by a newspaper, the Gazzetta dello Sport, which had its strength in its readers.
Because cycling is the sport that more than any other lives on the affection and participation of its fans, without whom it could not exist.
Just like these Awards.
So, ladies and gentlemen, here are all the winners of the Giro d’Italia Awards 2022.
- Best stage city “city dressing:”: Santarcangelo di Romagna
- Best team spirit: Bora Hansgrohe
- Most spectacular stage: Belluno-Passo Fedaia
- Best uphill finish: Passo Fedaia
- Best team: Bora Hansgrohe
- Best revelation: Biniam Girmay
- Best breakaway: Alessandro Covi
- Best sprint: Mathieu van der Poel
- Best attack: Jai Hindley on the Passo Fedaia
- Best domestique: Lennard Kämna
- Best leading rider: Mathieu van der Poel
- Amore Infinito Award: Vincenzo Nibali