COMMUNIQUE BY THE ORGANISATION FOR STAGE 12
ASSISTANCE TO RIDERS
Overtaking the race convoy in order to reach the finish area ahead of the race may be allowed, depending on the situation, only to the team car engaged in on‑foot feeding near the litter zone (at km 117.7 of racing, in Pontassieve). The drivers will have to remain behind the “Race end” vehicle and wait for instructions by the Race Direction.
THE TRICOLOUR NUMBER AND THE WHITE JERSEY
During tomorrow’s stage, Mauro SCHMID (TQA) will be wearing the tricolor number.
During tomorrow’s stage, Aleksandr VLASOV (APT) will be wearing the white jersey.
STAGE NAMED AFTER GINO BARTALI
Tomorrow’s stage at the Giro is named after Gino Bartali, the great Tuscan champion. For the youth, so that his memory can be celebrated every year, the Giro d’Italia has decided that, edition by edition, a stage will recall Gino, an athlete and a personality who, with Fausto Coppi, marked the history of Italy. And much more: Bartali was one of the 682 “Righteous Among the Nations”, and his name is engraved on the Wall of Honor in the Garden of the Righteous at Yad Vashem in Jerusalem. The stage winner will be awarded a special prize.
ROADS SITUATION – PAY GREAT ATTENTION:
- At km 5, in QUERCEGROSSA, narrowing roadway.
- At km 15, in CASTELLINA IN CHIANTI, series of speed bumps.
- At km 57, in PONTE A EMA, series of speed bumps, and narrowing roadway.
- At km 62, in FIRENZE, technical crossing of the urban centre, with series of roundabouts and traffic islands.
- At km 77, in SESTO FIORENTINO, series of roundabouts.
- From km 78 to km 81, uphill sector on narrowed and steep roadway.
- From km 164, PASSO DELLA CALLA, to km 177, CORNIOLO, technical descent.
- From km 202, PASSO DEL CARNAIO, to km 208, S. PIERO IN ROMAGNA, technical descent.
Concerning the final kilometres, please refer to the indications provided in the Official Racebook on page 260-263.