See all
See all

FantaGiro d’Italia reaches 50,000 teams!!!


On the eve of the Great Departure of the Giro d’Italia 2024 as many as 50,000 teams have registered for the first edition of the FantaGiro d’Italia, the official fantasy game of the Giro d’Italia conceived and produced in collaboration between RCS Sport and the FantaSanremo Team.

What are the Fanta Coaches choices so far in the composition of their teams?

Needless to say, the most selected rider is Tadej Pogačar, the big favourite for the overall victory of the Giro d’Italia. The Slovenian champion has been included in no less than 52% of the teams created so far. Completing the podium of the most chosen athletes are the two Italian riders Filippo Ganna and Jonathan Milan, both present in 25.8% of the teams. The Fantallenatori are also placing their trust in Antonio Tiberi (chosen in 15.5% of the teams), Damiano Caruso (14%), Domenico Pozzovivo (13.6%), Juan Pedro Lopez (13%), Lorenzo Fortunato (12.5%), Geraint Thomas (12.5%) and Giulio Pellizzari (10.7%).

Tadej Pogačar also leads in the ranking of the most chosen captain, a crucial role as the points he will earn based on the order of arrival of each stage will be doubled. The UAE Team Emirates leader was selected captain in 50% of the teams created. Decidedly more distant are Geraint Thomas, chosen as leader in 7% of the teams, Filippo Ganna, selected in 5.2% of the teams, Jonathan Milan with 4.9%, Damiano Caruso with 4.4%, Romain Bardet and Ben O’Connor with 2.4%, Nairo Quintana with 2.2%, Daniel Martinez with 2.1% and Julian Alaphilippe with 1.8%.

The most fun way to play the FantaGiro d’Italia, sharing your passion for cycling and the Corsa Rosa with friends, colleagues and family, is to do so by forming or participating in one of the over 3,000 leagues created so far. Among these, the affiliation to the leagues run by the fantasy game’s partners – La Gazzetta dello Sport, Colnago, Marca, All4Cycling, Zondacrypto – is excellent.

Demonstrating the interest aroused by the Giro d’Italia and its FantaGiro d’Italia at an international level, it is interesting to note the data regarding the country of residence of the fantasy players, 60% of whom are Italian but the remaining 40% cover all seven continents. Among the most involved nations are France with 8.7% of users, Spain with 8.2%, Colombia with 3.7%, the United Kingdom with 2.3%, Portugal with 2.1%, Belgium with 1.7%, Denmark with 1.5% and the United States with 1.4%.

It will be possible to register for the FantaGiro d’Italia until 25 May on the website By doing so, participants will take part in the draw for fantastic prizes, such as: digital edition subscriptions to Gazzetta dello Sport, plush Wolfie by Trudi, a gift card for GiroStore in collaboration with All4Cycling, the Special Jerseys produced by Castelli to celebrate the most iconic stages of the Giro 2024, the Giro d’Italia 2024 Jerseys autographed by their winners and a splendid Colnago V4Rs, Tadej Pogačar’s bicycle.

Follow us

top sponsor